Hello bloggy my old friend! I have come to talk with you again…
I just released 3 books on Amazon and several videos tutorials about it. That was the occasion to create also a new entrance in this Blog’s menu named « Publications » Ohhhh. So, I was pretty busy. Anyway, when I decided to create my page on Amazon, I saw that I neglected my blog for 8 months, what a shame!
Meanwhile, the Cov-19 (Corona) steps in, so I am « trapped » like anyone, experimenting « TT » aka « Télétravail » abbreviation for telecommuting or telework in French.
What a good kick, to « cook » for this blog-coming-back-post a short P.O survival guide in containment! There thousands and thousands of tools, so here is a not so exhaustive selection of tools available on the web. Hope you find it useful.
A warm thanks to Tim, our Scrum Master. The guy deserve my deepest respect both for the cigarettes I have borrowed him, for his philosophic background that enables us to talk, after our daily, about Bergson or Alain and for sure for his « relentless » benevolence! He is the one who provided most of the tools quoted in the list. Thanks dude 🙂
But here is the tools’ list: short P.O survival guide in containment.
A tools shortlist guide for P.O survival in containment
Some very useful tools for anyone telecommuting due to containment.
For a conf
- Whereby: very intuitive, very user-friendly, I have even curated it to my son’s teacher to organize Classroom. A very basic and robust tool for Online conf call management and coworking tool.
- Zoom.us: impressive tool for Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing. Free for 2 users, Free but limited to 40 minutes if you are 3 in the meeting. I am thinking of using instead of Skype for instance.
- Join.me: for your Meeting & Rituals, this tool is dedicated to Screen Sharing, Online Meetings, Web Conferencing. Quite OK.
For a agile rituals
- Funretro: online retro scrum tool, not bad but retro may not fun at all! 🙂
- VotingPoker.com: a good way to organise your Planning Poker. It is very intuitive for Agile Poker Planning Tool.
- Remoteretro: another tool to play agile by the book. Never try. Thus, their baseline « A real-time application for conducting Agile retrospectives » is promising.
- Metroretro.io: Another tool to play agile by the book for the retro: creating virtual post-it, drag and drop, give emotional feedback, the learning curb is steep but when you catch the tool’s essence. You can play along. Still it is pretty sophisticated.
- Aggie.io: a tool to explain by drawing / sketching, a picture is worth a thousand. You can draw a picture with people in real-time over the internet in your browser. It is useful like a screencapture tool like Skitch!
I do not quote Teams, Slack, Skype, Trello, Github, Youtube, Skitch… that are already an integral part of the P.O.P (P.O.Panoply) like the cape or the red nod* is to Superman.
For sure the list is far from being exhaustive I guess there will be hungry entrepreneurs that will try to grab a piece of this enormous and existing market since the situation is here to stay.
Take care and stay at home.
* apparently the real name given to the red underwear that Clark Kent is wearing on both side on his daily superhero works! Clark Kent: « Mummy, where did you put my red panty? » Clark Kent’s Mum, distant voice from Kitchen « …is at the dryer, sweetie, I need to clean it once in a while! » Extract from « Private life with a superhero, embed with Superman ».