New Release Book
Remote work, which is now definitely the norm, requires to be more cautious than ever on an application’s quality management. You absolutely must build security and trust within your team and outside especially if you put into production at a high release rate e.g 1 per week, 2 per day or even 10 per day.
If you’re making 10 releases a day, you’re patching! So, there’s something wrong with your quality management! Emmanuel Theysmeir said once: “There is always a lesson to be learned both from good and bad numbers! The real issue remains the interpretation.”
The book’s purpose is very pragmatic, this is not a programming book as I don’t dwell on coding or programming explanations! Even though you will see, and hope learn some code. I strongly advise you to get also proper information on the official documentation on Cypress website to deepen your knowledge or search on stackoverflow.com or GitHub.com
My intent for this book was to define from A to Z an applied strategy to quality management with proven concepts from a P.O point of view. So, we will go from OKRs strategy applied to Q/A to a concrete implementation with the help of Cypress.
Learning and Building E2E test automation with Cypress & OKR – Define, Code & Apply an E2E strategy with Cypress & Objectives Key Results with PO mindset focus on Quality
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BP216HCW/
- The Code is on Github: https://github.com/bflaven/book-learning-and-building-e2e-test-automation-with-cypress-and-okr
- Youtube: https://bit.ly/2WPlpAU
The continuous learning trilogy
The 3 volumes of the continuous learning trilogy provide a practical synthesis on the best practices I gained as Trainer and Product Owner (P.O) of web application in the Media industry.
- Book #1: The good and small “Zambian” guide for WordPress. How to run a News Website with WordPress?
- Book #2: Defining a testing automation strategy for a P.O. with CODECEPTION_ & WordPress
- Book #3: Redefining a testing automation strategy for a P.O. with CodeceptJS & WordPress
- The Book #1 gathers all the materials that I brought with me to deliver a training session in Zambia to a team of journalists from the domestic network ZNBC on how to manage and run a news website. I made as intuitive and operational as possible. It has been transposed mostly to WordPress so anyone can leverage on it. It entails good practices under constraints such as budget, technical environment and team resources.
- The Book #2 & Book #3 present my understanding and practical experience of web application testing that I gained as Product Owner (P.O) in the Media industry. In these two books, I focus on user acceptance testing that is one of the biggest challenges for a PO of a large web application (back office, website). How to minimize the risks of the acceptance phase? How to master its duration? How to avoid regressions and side effects. Book #2 & Book #3 aim at answering those questions with the help of CP (Codeception) and CPJS (CodeceptJS).
Book #1: The good and small “Zambian” guide for WordPress. How to run a News Website with WordPress?
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08645F8DZ/
- The Code is on Github: https://github.com/bflaven/book-small-guide-zambia-wordpress-running-news-website
- Youtube: https://bit.ly/3bDSF2x
Book #2: Defining a testing automation strategy for a P.O. with CODECEPTION_ & WordPress
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0864VS2Y6/
- The code is on Github: https://github.com/bflaven/book-defining-testing-strategy-agile-po-codeception
- Youtube: https://bit.ly/2UAGTic
Book #3: Redefining a testing automation strategy for a P.O. with CodeceptJS & WordPress
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0865TT96K/
- The code is on Github: https://github.com/bflaven/book-redefining-testing-strategy-agile-po-codeceptjs
- Youtube: https://bit.ly/2UpWsdZ
A quick journey through API Testing. From Node Application to Postman best practices through Gherkin features
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MH81L1X/
- The code is on Github: https://github.com/bflaven/a-quick-journey-through-api-testing